I’ve been without insurance since January. Since then, I’ve had a recurring sickness that I believe to be because of mold in my apartment (I think it’s just the hypochondriac in me), horrible toothaches because I still haven’t had my wisdom teeth extracted, sneezing and itchy eyes 24/7 since the end of February thanks to allergies, and experienced what it’s like to have a real period. I can’t wait to get coverage again in May so that I can get all these ailments checked out. Oh, and I can’t wait to get back on BC again because I can’t handle these cramps and red river flows!
- get better at yoga (read: actually accomplish inversion and standing poses)
- stick to weight loss/be healthier plan
- pay off credit card debt
- go on a real vacation, sxsw does not count
- get clear skin to be makeup free by summer 2012
- ride bikes moar
Those are the resolutions I have in mind. Eating healthier has been a challenge since Linda has been in town for the past week and we’ve been eating at some of the best restaurants Houston has to offer. I haven’t been to a yoga class this week. I went over my credit limit. My vacation days don’t start till 3 months of full employment. I have gone to bed without washing my face several times this week. I’ve missed out on the first mass ride of the new year. I am failing miserably at this resolutions thing.
I spent my New Years in Austin with a few good friends and counted down to 2012 with Big Freedia at Mohawk. This was my third time seeing the Queen Diva live and it wasn’t the same. Maybe I wasn’t inebriated enough or maybe it was because I wasn’t in the crowd dancing along or maybe his set lacked energy because he didn’t have his dancers there. Meh, either way, I still had a really good start to 2012.
I came back to Houston ready to start my last day at Bounce. It was bittersweet to leave the company because I’ve been with them for 2 years, interned for a year and became a full time employee for a year. It was my first job out of college. It was time to leave though, the energy market just wasn’t for me. I started my new job on Wednesday and I’m loving it so far. Training was a bit overwhelming because I had a lot of information to learn. I will be a lot more busy, which is a good thing. But I could already tell I will love the work I’ll do for the company more.
Two of my really good friends have left/will leave me to find adventures in other cities. I’ve been asked if I will ever leave Houston and my answer is, not anytime soon. I don’t picture myself leaving Houston or Texas. I think the only reason I would leave if it was career oriented and I don’t think that’s going to happen in the near future. I’m just bummed because I have no one to hang out with now other than Johnny. I’ll have to learn how to play xbox and ride bikes more to meet new friends.
I haven’t done this type of post in a while…
- Hurley lost all the pageants I entered him in :(
+ His hives have cleared up
+ I bought a Bianchi!!!
- It’s fixed
+ I really liked my Halloween costumes (1, 2)
+/- I didn’t get to go out on Halloween night because I was busy selling and buying bikes
- Failing on my diet
+ Learning to eat what I want but in smaller portions
—— Re-opened my elbow wound. waaaaaahhhh.
I was catching up with an old friend outside of Starbucks yesterday and and a woman came up to us to ask for directions. Before she left us alone, she gave us her card and told me that I have a lot of questions that needed to be answered and that I should talk to her. My friend and I look at her card and it turns out that she’s a psychic. Pfffffftttt… She was standing behind my friend and I listening in on our conversation because right before she came up to us, I told my friend that I was moving, stuff about my job, and stuff about the boy. Perfect timing for her to give us her card.
A couple of months ago, I was declined for a job that I thought I was suited for. It left me bitter, like it would kill me on the inside every time I find out about an event that was sponsored by the company because I could’ve been helping put it together. Anyways, I’ll get over it and more opportunities are popping up. Not that my work with BE is not good, I just don’t see it as my career in the long run. I just don’t see myself working in the energy market - too much about numbers and analysis (yes, I know all that is important in the electricity market). I’d rather be proactively DOING marketing instead of analyzing it. Instead of an analyst title, I’d much rather have “coordinator”, “specialist”, and move on to “manager” or “SVP” (holler).
I am moving into my apartment this Saturday! I am clueless on how to pack my stuff, one of the reasons why it’s been so hard for me to even get started on packing. And I’ve decided on hiring day laborers because it’s the option that’ll save me the most money. I can get my keys sometime this week and start moving stuff in before the actual move in date so that’ll help out the day laborers with not having to move too much stuff.
Later I’ll make a list of the things I’ll miss and not miss about Kirby Place.
1. people giving me crap about my younger sister moving out before me. she didn’t move out - she ran away. she packed up all her things and left without telling my parents. if she had told them she was going to move out, they wouldn’t have let her. i’ve tried it already. i didn’t choose to run away because 1.) i don’t have the money 2.) i didn’t drop out of school 3.) my boyfriend will not baby me and let me pay for less than half the rent or anything else involving how to survive living on my own. if i move out, i’m going to have a career, be finished with school, have a shit ton of money, and be independent. THANK YOU.
2. insurance. growing up sucks, yall. i’ve got no health insurance and i need to go to the doctor asap. i need to get more BC and i need to get checked out by a doctor for my allergies/rash. this on my legs and arms has got my feeling fugly and i’m so embarrassed by it. i need prescription strength allergy medicine and i can’t get that without going to a doctor.
3. dealing with the guy that hit my car’s insurance company. i’ve called the insurance company several times and they’ve always been busy. i found their website and sent an email so i hope they respond back. if i have to pay to get my car fixed with my own money, it’ll suck huge balls.
4. my dad. hah. like when is he ever not bothering me? but specifically when he thinks he knows EVERYTHING and whatever i say to object is invalid according to him. HATE IT.
The start of the month was really rough for me and Johnny. I didn’t have much hope that our relationship was going to last long tbh. I had a really bad last day of the year/first day of the year because of him and during that time we’d always argue. Sometimes because of the most senseless things, sometimes it’s SRSBSNS.
You could blame my trust issues because of the mistakes he made in the past. Or you can just blame his mistakes on the daily (just kidding… kinda). But they are things we’ve been working on.
Finally we’re at a good point.
He’s really putting a lot of effort into being a good boyfriend and it makes me happy. He acts very differently now, different in a good way. I ask him all the time why he didn’t do this sooner and he says because he’s being serious now and realized he was stupid for ever treating me badly.
It’s really weird when we have serious conversations because old Johnny would never do that. And it’s especially weird when he tells me things like how he doesn’t plan on breaking up with me for a long, long while. IDK. I’m still scared and still have my doubts but I really like us.
Johnny’s really bad at being secretive but it’s really cute that he’s trying.