Tuesday, May 26
I had an interview for a social media marketing internship that I wanted. Had lunch with Cesar and Justin at Nidda Thai. Shopped at Buffalo Exchange/Westheimer area with Cesar.
Wednesday, May 27
Had lunch with JMH at Empire Cafe. Talked, talked, talked. We come to the conclusion that we are drama free and that, idk, we’ll work things out…? Anyways, we go to Buffalo Exchange, I bought those boots in my previous post and a vintage Dooney purse. I got a call from the company and I found out I got the job!
Thursday, May 28
Went to The Virgins show at Rudyards. Met up with JMH, Guamie, Yvette, and Mel. Pretty much had a good time except for the people that were there who didn’t know who The Virgins were and were booty dancing and throwing rock signs. W.T.F. G.T.F.O. I got pulled over by a popo on West Gray on the way home. I was going 40 in a 30 and didn’t realize it. The policeman did the “follow my finger with your eyes” test because I told him I drank one beer. Luckily, he let me off with a warning.
Friday, May 29
Met up with Denise and Guamie at Block 21. Headed over to Rich’s with them, + Trent, and JMH for Hercules and Love Affair. Was classy and drank teeny bottles of wine in the car. That night was pretty much disco night and it was so. much. fun.
Saturday, May 30
This was the night of the Modern Touch party and Top Notch (formerly called “The Party”) so it was a busy busy night. Denise picked me up, stopped at Buc-ee’s for pre-party vino. We classy like that. Went to Modern Touch, blah blah blah. Dranky drank in the car. Danced. Went to Top Notch. Was hot and sweaty but so so good. I regret not staying, had to go back to Modern Touch so JMH could get paid. The guest DJ, Kid Indie was really good! Played some Mo-Town and of course party bangers. And he ended the night with DP’s “One More Time” lol. Didn’t get home till 4:30ish because of dj tear down / payment issues.
Sunday, May 31
God said this is the day of rest.
My tumblarity is somewhere in the 20s. IDGAF because I have a life. :)
Damn, I had such a good week!
1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the football before helping around the house.
3. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!
4. A Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer quickly to No 9 for the meaning of nothing.)
5. That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
6. Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add a clause here - This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’, which is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’ - that will bring on No. 7).
7. Whatever: Is a woman’s way of saying, “F— YOU!”
8. Don’t worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response refer to No. 4.
9. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in “Fine”.
It’s funny because it’s true. It’s sad because girls refuse to communicate openly and effectively. How about we do the guys in our lives a favour and start saying what we actually mean?
God I love this girl.
“The greatest irony of love is loving the right person at the wrong time, having the wrong person when the time is right and finding out you love someone after that person walks out from your life. Most relationships tend to fail not because of the absence of love, but because one was being loved too much and the other was being loved too little. Most often we fall in love with a person only to discover that for them, we are just a pasttime, while the one who truly loves us remains either a friend or a stranger. Here’s a piece of advice: Let go when you’re hurting too much. Give up when love isn’t enough and move on when things are not like how they were before. There is someone out there who will love you even more and surely then, you will know true love.” - Anonymous
well said. thank you.
be careful with that lady, that thing you hold in your hands. if you nurture it carefully, it expands. it’s not solid nor liquid, yet it breaks and bleeds. if you pay it no mind, it will be overcomed by weeds. but if you tend to it, and feed it kisses once in a while, it can’t help but grow in soil fertile. it was given to you so that you might see, just how much you mean to me. it’s my heart lady, that i’ve given to you. so that you may know that i love you.
Ours was a December-May thing
I already have ideas of what I’m going to name it and it’s going to be so good.